In some cases, when a host scans the PUNISH plug-in, it will show a notification saying that PACE/iLok is not running that the plug-in cannot be verified, even if you have already installed iLok and activated PUNISH. This is a problem with the iLok software that affects some Windows 10 machines.
If it happens to you, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows search box and type “services”
- Open the Services Desktop app that appears in the search results
- When Services opens, scroll down the list until you find “PACE License Services”
- Double Click on it to open the properties
- In the Startup type section, change the setting from “Automatic” to “Automatic (Delayed)”
- Click OK, close Services and restart windows
- Start your host program and re-scan the plug-ins
Note that if you update the iLok software, these changes may be undone, reintroducing the problem. If this happens, simply follow the instructions again.